Candy… My favorite thing. I used to have a drawer in my dresser as a kid filled with candies of all kinds. But candy orange peels? Any candied citrus for that matter? It’s way too easy and I may have an addiction.
Ingredients and Supplies:
- 1 foiled lined trays
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups boiling water
- Peels of 4 oranges
- First boil the 3 cups of water and add 2 cups of sugar and stir till dissolved. Then add the sliced orange peels. I cut mine into thin strips.
- Leave on a low simmer stirring occasionally for 50 minutes.
- Once the 50 minutes are up drain the oranges from the sugar water and allow them to strain for 15 minutes to make sure they are as dried as possible.
- On the foiled lined sheet spread out the last cup of sugar and lay the orange peels on the sugar and mix up till fully coated. Allow them to rest in the sugar for 24 hours.
- Once the 24 hours are up you can then put the pieces of orange peels into storage jars! And you’re all done!
Hopefully your significant other doesn’t eat all of them before you get to try them like mine almost did… 😝
Living. Loving. Candying.
Emily A G 🍊
Don’t forget to follow and like me at:
-Follow me on Instagram!!!
-Follow me on Pintrest!!