I have to say as much as I love buying premade pie crust it just feels more homey to make my own.I tend to make lots of pies since being married and getting down a good pie dough recipe has been an exciting accomplishment for me and an exciting development for my hubs.
It’s also a joy to be able to have some saved in the freezer for when an emergency arises. A pie emergency of course. But it can also but used for other things too. Crescent bites, Mini Pies, Baked Brie rounds, and other things I can’t think of at the moment… (obviously my focal point is on cheese and pie lately…)
I know it’s considered cheating at time but I use a stand mixer to do most of my cooking things. This way I can multitask more officantly. And let’s be honest, that’s the priority for me when cooking. How many things can I do at once?
Basic Pie Dough Recipe:
Ingredients for 2 pie crusts:
- 2 cups of flour
- 12 Tablespoons cold butter cut up
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 Tablespoons cold water
- Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter, fork or stand mixer to mix in the cold butter till it forms small pebbles.
- While mixing slowly add the Tablespoons of water till the dough starts to form a sticky ball. Once the dough has formed divide it in half and put it into cling wrap and refrigerated it for at least an hour before using it.
- After the hour it’s ready to use!
Now that you know how to make pie dough I promise life will be much different… things are going to change. Life will become sweeter. Your partner will feel the need to give you smooches. Your neighbors will ask you for the recipe. Someone around you will make the “Mmmm” sounds near you… You’re welcome.
Living. Loving. Baking.
Emily A G🥧
Don’t forget to follow and like me at:
-Follow me on Instagram!!!
-Follow me on Pintrest!!