I have always been a big fan of the chip. Honestly I don’t know many people if anyone that isn’t a fan of the chip. But one day while making things during my sourdough obsession I got reminded about crackers…. gosh I love crackers. With a little slice or meat or cheese. Maybe with a little pepper jelly and some cream cheese. The cracker is a creation of God to me. There is just so many options.
So during my sourdough craziness I found a recipe for sourdough crackers. Ha! You mean make my own crackers?! Yes. Make your own! With Rosemary and Sea Salt. With a smidge of black cracked pepper.Is your mouth watering? I honestly may of just drooled a little.So here we go. This is how you make these delicious little devils that make you want to keep on munching.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon crushed rosemary
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and whisk them together.
- Cut Tablespoons of butter into small pads and cut them into the flour.
- Then add the sourdough starter to the flour mixture. Once mixed add in the crushed rosemary and make sure it is evenly disbursed throughout the dough.
- Roll the dough into a large ball and place back into the mixing bowl and cover for a few hours. (I do about 3 hours.)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Divide your dough into two separate balls and begin to roll it out to the thickness of a dime.
- Brush your dough with a layer of the melted butter
- Begin to fold your dough on edge to the center and then the other side to the center (in thirds) then fold that directly in half and roll it out again. Brush with more butter and repeat this process one more time.
- Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the dough into cracker size. Do not rip at dough to make balls.
- Move crackers over to the baking sheet and poke at each one with a fork 2 to 3 times. Brush them with butter one more time and then sprinkle on some sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Let them cool completely before eating and saving them in a plastic bag for up to a month. Annnnd you’re done! Eat all that you can! Or try desperately not to eat them all in one sitting… or get a block of cheese and just go to town…. that’s what I did after I got the photos taken. 😅
Living. Loving. Eating.
Emily A G🧀
Don’t forget to follow and like me at:
-Follow me on Instagram!!!
-Follow me on Pintrest!!