I have been having trouble with big desserts lately.
The bigger they are the less likely I want to make them for just the two of us. Plus then I have the extras and I’m forced to eat leftover pies, cakes or what have you a till it’s all gone.
So I decided to try something… I took a recipe I knew I loved and just made it smaller.
What?! Yes. I made a serving for 4 instead of 12….
I made mini individual Apple Crisps! Last month we went Apple picking and I had bought a whole bunch thinking I would do something big and special with them but then that plan didn’t pan out so I’m not stuck with… less then a bagillion Granny Smith Apples.
Small Batch Apple Crisp (4)
- 3 Large Granny Smith Apples sliced
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 8 Tbsp cold Butter chopped
- 1 tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp White Sugar
1. Mix together in a bowl the sliced apples, melted butter, apple pie spice, lemon juice, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix till all of the apples are fully coated.
2. Then in a separate bowl mix together oats, salt, flour and white sugar till throughly mixed together.
3. Put a heavy layer of apples down in the ramekin first. Then do a thin layer of the oat topping, wrap them and put them in the fridge for an hour before putting in the oven.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put the dabs on cold butter on each mini apple crisp and bake for 35 minutes or till golden brown.
Sadly, I wasn’t able to get a photo of them out of the oven as we at them while they burned our mouths because cooling them wasn’t a priority 😆
Suggestion: let them cool.
Living. Loving. Baking.
Emily A G🍏
-Follow me on Instagram!!!
-Follow me on Pintrest!!