I mean who doesn’t love apple pie? But honestly the thought of eating a whole huge pie because I want it one time is a bit daunting.
As well as the fact that yes, just because I want it now doesn’t mean I’ll want the rest of it. One piece of pie is usually enough for me. My husband on the other hand can do about 2 and a half if he’s not paying attention. But still, that means we got about a half a pie leftover… sitting in my fridge, waiting for me to come back and I don’t wanna.
So I had to think. Those little mini crescents hand pies are cute but still I have 12 hanging around and that’s more dough intake then I’m willing to do right now. The whole apple wrapped in dough and baked is cute too but just not fully the same. I wanted an apple pie. And I only wanted a little…
So I figured I would try something with my new ceramic mini pie dishes I got from our local antique shop.
And then I did something even more crazy! I used my knowledge!! I know how to make a pie… the dough, the filling and what it needs to be cooked at… I just just winged it! It worked great! So I decided to share, my 2 Mini Apple Pie Recipe. Have fun my friends! Enjoy!
2 Mini Apple Pie Recipe:
Ingredients for crust:
- 2 TBSP cold butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP cold water
Ingredients for Pie Filling:
- 3 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Add flour, salt and butter in a bowl and cut together with cold water.
- Let dough sit in the fridge to proof till you are ready to roll it out.
- Put apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice in a separate bowl and mix gently till all the apples are coated throughly.
- Let the mixture sit out of the fridge up to an hour to let all the juices co-mingle.
- Roll out dough and cut to fit your pie dish.
- Fill each pie dish with apple filling.
- Cover the top leftover pieces of dough. If you have enough to do lattice work bonus! If not roll it thin and use a cookie cutter to make unique top designs.
- Top with 1 TBSP of small cut up pieces of cold butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Once out of the oven let cool for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Easy peasy am I right? Simple enough. And totally worth it!! It’s officially time to not let this craving fester. Hurry and get at it! Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Living. Loving. Baking.
Emily A G 🥧
-Follow me on Instagram!!!
-Follow me on Pintrest!!