I never thought I would be the person that asked for your ham bone at the end of a dinner. (Even at a dinner party..)
But officially. I am. And it’s strictly because of my love for this soup!
Ham Bone Soup is my new favorite and as soon as I figure out canning officially it will be a year round staple in my house!
- 1 maple brown sugar ham bone with ham on it still. (I used 2 small extra chunks of leftover ham as well to make it a meatier soup.)
- 4 celery stalk sliced
- 3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 1 large white onion diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups dry navy beans
- 1/2 tsp black peoper
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 cups of water
- Take 2 cups dry beans and let them soak overnight in 6-8 cups water.
- Add ham bone, spices, vegetables and beans into the crockpot with 6 cups of water on low for 10 hours.
- At the 8 hour mark pull out all of the ham and take out the bone. Take off all pieces of meat on the bone and chop it up into small pieces. Throw all of the meat back into crock pot.
- (Try and) Wait another 2 hours and serve.
I serve mine with baguettes or some kind of roll. My rosemary baguette is a yummy crispy bread that gives that extra yum when you soak it with soup juices!
Promise me next time you’re at a dinner party or some kind of family event you’ll find a way to steal the ham bone and make this soup!
Promise the weird conversation with your hostess will be worth it.😉
Living. Loving. Boiling.
Emily A G🍖
-Follow me on Instagram:
-Follow me on Pintrest: