Ever want a big bowl of chili for lunch but don’t have any in stock? Ever want chili and just not want to have to make a huge stock pot of it but only like a couple bowls?
Yeah me too. That’s why I came up with this quickish 4 serving chili recipe from the random things in the my fridge and pantry. Don’t have all the ingredients? I didn’t either. So I made it like a kitchen sink chili. You can get as creative as you want with your leftovers people. It’s how we stay alive. 😂
Small batch and incredible can be made in 40 minutes or less depending on the ingredients you have already on standby. I had 2 leftover Bison burgers from a dinner passed and bacon already made on standby per my usual meal planning.
Made with stuff in your fridge.
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can water
- 1 1/2 cups black beans
- 2 leftover bison burgers chopped up small
- 2 strips of bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 a chopped Roma tomato
- 1 chopped tomatillo
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- *toppings mixed shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream to taste
Instructions: *if you need to cook your meat do that first! Also if you don’t have some of these ingredients use your best judgment on how to replace items. I.e. not tomatillo? Use another tomato.
- In a medium sized pot add tomato sauce, and water, stir and bring to a low boil.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients
- Bring to boil, then simmer on low heat for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add topping and Serve! (That was quick)
This is going to be a staple this winter here. My last Omaha order had lots of burgers so this might be my other use for them 😉
Let me know in the comments below if you give it a try and what you think! Or if you got other comments or questions 🙃
Living. Loving. Cooking.
Emily A G 🥫
-Follow me on Instagram:
-Follow me on Pintrest:
4 Person Quick Chili Recipe
LikeLiked by 1 person