So I don’t know if this is something knew or I just haven’t done enough research but I think I made something new again.
While mashed potatoes are my favorite and loaded mashed potatoes are pure heaven I thought why doesn’t anyone ever put crispy skins into their loaded mashed potatoes?!
So I did 🤗
I gotta say, my favorite part about a baked potato is the crispy and salty skins.
The recipe is super simple, it’s just your basic loaded mashed potatoes but with that little extra with the crispy skins.
Loaded Mashed Potatoes with Crispy Skins
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled with skins kept to the side. Try to keep skin pieces large.
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 4 slices of chopped cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil skinned potatoes in salty water till fork tender.
- Drain water, add cream cheese and mash till smooth.
- Stir in chopped bacon, sour cream, shredded cheese and 3/4 of the green onions.
- While the potatoes sit and cook together, add a teaspoon of olive oil to a sauté pan with the potato skins. Do not use all of them, just use a handle full of them. The larger the better.
- Evenly coat the potato skins in the oil with salt and pepper as it warms. Fry until crispy.
- Once skins are crispy take them out and put them on a paper towel to dry.
- When dried cut them up into smaller pieces and add half to the prepared potatoes and save the other half for topping.
- After it’s all officially mixed in, serve in a dish and use the last of the green onions and fried skins to garnish.
Try it! Let me know what you think please, and if you know of anyone else you made this recipe from somewhere else send me a link to them in the comments! I’d love to see it!
Living. Loving. Eating.
Emily A G🥔🔨