So recently I found out that Rainbow Chard grows HUGE. Honestly I had no clue.
For the longest time I had this plant in more of a shaded place and it barely even got bigger than baby spinach leaves. Then it accrued to me… Maybe more sunshine? And once I moved it, it KABOOMED! And now I gotta figure out what to do with it all 😅
So while doing my traditional scroll through Pinterest to find inspiration, I found cooking the leaves and stalks with white beans and that was all I needed to take the thought of it run with it.
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 4 TBSP spicy brown mustard
- 4 cups rainbow chard chopped leaves and stalks
- 2 TBSP champagne vinegar
- 2 TBSP butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a larger heated pan pour in a can of white beans with the chopped garlic and heat and stir for a couple minutes.
- Once the beans are warm and you can smell the garlic add in your chopped chard stalks and leave. Stir to combine.
- When the chard has started to cook down add in the champagne vinegar, spicy yellow mustard, butter and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Let me know if you try it out yourself and what you think! I can’t wait to hear thoughts and comments!
Living. Loving. Cooking.
Emily A G