I have always loved Prepping. I admit to a time of rebellion to what feels so natural to me but I’m back and I’m happily settled into being a prepper and organizer and a lover of putting things right where I know they are supposed to go.
Today I wanted to share with you some of the meals I prep for when the husband and I go camping at the ranch. We don’t a reliable heat source out there so I have to do a lot of prep cooking to make sure we have enough food to keep up all of our work!
Easy not heat make ahead Meals
- BLT lightly toasted lightly dressed with avocado mayo (I use my Sourdough Bread recipe for all sandwiches.) I always wrap my sandwiches in a wax sheet and then put them all in 1 big ziploc styled bag.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly (Try using fun jellies or adding honey!)
- Roasted Chicken with Salad Bags (Butter Roasted Chicken Recipe or Whole Crockpot Chicken ) Take shredded up roasted chicken and add it to a meal ready salad bag. We love doing the BBQ Ranch bags and the Cranberry and Kale one sold at Walmart. Dump it all in the bag and shake it up! Plate and serve!
- Pancake and Bacon Dippers
- Apple Pie (recipe to come)
- Pecan Pie
- Peach Caramel Crumble Pie
Make ahead snacks:
- Sun Dried Tomato and Lemon Hummus and Chips (Easy Sun-dried Tomato Hummus)
- Celery and Peanut Butter
- Carrots and Ranch
- Sourdough Crackers (Recipe to come)
- Beef Jerky
As more recipes are made and photographed I will update this post with them. Hopefully they will all be here and ready soon!
I hope all of these recipes and menu ideas are helpful for you when you go out camping yourself! It’s one of our favorite things to do as a family to be honest and I am so happy to share with you anything that can help! Look forward to another post coming soon on other fun and easy campout hacks! Ohhhhh the prepping!
Living. Loving. Creating.
Emily A G❤️
Don’t forget to follow and like me at:
-Follow me on Instagram!!!
-Follow me on Pintrest!!